AIS-140 devices must be able to: Obtain position information using Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Transmit data to Back-end Control Server using mobile GPRS Transmit Position, Velocity and Time (PVT data) along with heading (direction of travel) at a configurable frequency Transmit data to minimum 2 different IP addresses (for regulatory purpose and emergency response system) other than the IP’s required for an operational purpose Send an emergency alert to the configured IPs when SOS button is pressed Support internal backup battery as well as OTA software and configuration updates Support the store and forward mechanism for all type of data (periodic data and alerts)
- GpsVehicleTracker.in the leaders in GPS ever evolving technologies are ready with AIS140 approved devices.
- These devices are being mandatory to be installed in all public passenger vehicles from 1 April 2018.
- All other vehicles will continue to be installed with normal ARAI approved devices.
- The notification of government is attached as per the rules.
- Main features of AISI40 are two IP, embedded sim, SOS and later connectivity to Gagan.